It takes a village to raise a child, as the African proverb goes. It takes multiple villages to launch a minister, and to support their continuing growth. I am grateful to:
* The institutions and donors who invested in my preparation for ministry, through Meadville Lombard Theological School, the UUA and others.
* Mentors & colleagues including the reverends Mary Ann Macklin, Dennis McCarty, Frank Ciampa, Forrest Gilmore, Bill Breeden, Barbara Carlson, Phil Lund, Sue Sinnamon, Emily Manvel Leite, Barbara Child, Doug Wadkins, Barbara Hoag Gadon, and Dawn Cooley.
* Fabulous faculty at Meadville, including Nicole Kirk, Lee Barker, Bill Schulz, Leslie Takahashi, Mark Hicks, Sharon Welch, John Tolley, and Darrick Jackson.
* Peers who journeyed with me through the strange land of ministerial formation, especially my Wayfinders group, and other colleagues who offer mutual support.
* Friends at home who cheered me on despite my long absences from their lives during seminary.
* The UU Congregation of Columbus, IN, especially Susan Burton and Jeff Jones for pictures and videography; the board for supporting my internship and hiring me as Summer Minister; and the Intern Team (Susan Burton, Barry Kastner, Mary Lu Orr, Jim Farless and Libby Kuhn) for going above and beyond in their dedication and support.
* UU Church of Bloomington, IN, for being my UU home, sponsoring me as a Candidate, employing me in an interim position while I was in search, and ordaining me.
* Westside UU Church in Fort Worth, TX, for calling me as their minister, and partnering with me in carrying out the church's mission and vision.
* My husband for instantly recognizing ministry as the right path for me... for regular periods of single parenting while I was in seminary, for various and sundry tech support, and for going fearlessly on this journey.
* My child, who shared mommy with a long-distance seminary during the delicate ages of 2-5, and who seems to enjoy being a preacher's kid (more or less) and wants me to be happy.
* My awesome parents, who loved me into being and have supported every new adventure.